Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Blog #5: Site-Specific Art
Like last week, I didn't really understand too much from this week's reading either. What I did grasp was three main points: 1) that sometimes art is made to be site-specific (Serra's Tilted Arc at Federal Plaza), 2) that art isn't always universal and timeless, and 3) that art doesn't always have to be dependent on place (Ukeles' "maintenance art"). I think this information connects to our class in the sense that when we're thinking of a project for the neighborhood around our campus, we want to create something that's specific enough to this area and this point in time to be unique but one that can also be broad enough to compare to situations similar to the one here. Again, I don't have much to say because I didn't understand most of this article, but it helped me think about what kind of project I should be trying to create.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment