Friday, May 25, 2012
Blog #9: Put Something Here
For my Put Something Here I posted two small ads on a billboard on Lancaster Avenue near our campus. My first PSH was an ad that stated "BLONDES HAVE MORE FUN. Take one and email me :)" and had tear off email strips for people to take with them. My second PSH was an ad asking people about their beliefs of the neighborhood and Philadelphia and what they'd say to President Obama. I set up actual emails for these two PSHs but didn't get any responses. I enjoyed putting up the ads but I'm thinking I could've put up a poster more closely related to my final project - like asking when and where people went to carnivals or other social events in the area over time. In the end, this has shown me that Drexel itself is kind of a Put Something Here - our academic community inserted itself into West Philadelphia over one hundred years ago and is a continuos PSH. It makes me wonder how the residents' opinions have changed (if at all) over time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment