~I figured I should finally write about my experience doing the Invisible City assignment since I forgot to post about it when it was assigned. I wasn't able to make the neighborhood walk, and I wasn't able to do the assignment in the professors' desired neighborhood, but I had a great time doing the assignment. I spent about three hours in my hometown walking around with my iPod blaring, taking pictures of just about everything. I really made a connection on my walk, and it helped me realize how out of touch I had become with my hometown. A lot of the pictures I took represent my rediscovered pride of where I'm from and how much I really missed just being able to "take a stroll through the park."
~I also really enjoyed the T-shirt assignment we had to do. I liked how all of our interpretations of a "map" were different and helped us understand the importance of mapping to human geography (this assignment really helped me get the mapping reading after we discussed it in class lol).
~Lastly, the most recent assignments (the tag and map) weren't that interesting. I spent some time making my map but it takes too long to map everything (even to map just the big things) and I didn't really have too much creativity with my tag. I do get the point about mapping though - there's more than one way to do it (as showcased by the T-shirt, tag, and map) and it's hard to decide what to include or not include.
No comments:
Post a Comment