Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Blog #3: The Neighborhood Roundtable

The panel we had last week was great. I liked being able to hear from the different players that have a role in the process of building relationships between communities. I especially liked all the different stepping stones they'd incorporated along their path - it inspired me to think about the project I'd be interested in carrying out. My favorite part of the panel was being able to learn from the experiences of George S. and Jawole Willa Jo Zollar. George's personal connection to the neighborhood and his devotion to creating a better future for West Philadelphia (and Philadelphia in general) just made me want to throw a block party spanning the city to create a new energy for people to be excited about. Jawole's background in dance as a way to ignite social change was just fascinating to me (as someone who's not very imaginative or talented in the field of dance). Though I'm still not sure about exactly what I'd like my (or the class') final project to be, I was definitely more confident and excited after the roundtable. Can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment